Terms and Conditions
Tech SHEssions is a free program altruistically organized in Madrid by Commit to help those women who want to start talking at tech events. It consists of two blocks:
- Mentoring. Mentees work with their mentors to prepare some talks (the topic they prefer) and present them to the rest of the program. There are three talks: the first one of 10 minutes, the second one of 20, and the third one of 30. Also, they receive feedback on their presentations.
- Training. Women give talks and webinars on useful topics for the students (how to prepare good presentations, how to overcome the fear of the stage, advice for a good speech).
Approximate calendar: (we deliver the final calendar to the program participants)
- Mid-February: presentation of the new edition and opening of the inscriptions.
- End of February: the selection of participants, mentor/mentee pairings, and the start of the program.
- Beginning of March: training talks
- End of March: first talk (10 ') of the mentees
- Beginning of April: training webinars
- End of April: training talks
- Beginning of May: second talk (20 ') of the mentees
- End of May: training webinars
- Beginning of June: training talks
- Mid-June: third talk (30 ') of the mentees
To participate in the TechSHEssions program, you must accept the following conditions. We require:
- Participation in training sessions.
- Punctuality and seriousness in the preparation and presentation of the talks.
- Attend to the sessions, both mentors and mentees.
- Perform the entire program.
- Eager to share and learn.
What profiles can participate:
- Mentor: experienced woman giving talks, technical background.
- Mentee: woman with a technical profile who wants to start giving talks at technological events.
The organization decides dates and venues for the presentations of the talks. All activities usually take place from Tuesday to Thursday, from 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. If there are more applications than available places, the organization will distribute the places using its own criteria.
Tech SHEssions is an entirely free program. Nobody charges anything, nor pays anything, to participate in it.
The organization reserves the right to modify these Terms and Conditions at any time and without prior notice.